8 WAYS TOXINS DAMAGE YOUR BODY
(and why it's important to support detoxification)
1) Toxins damage your organs. When your body cannot properly detoxify (over abundance and closed detox pathways) then toxins begin to back up resulting in compromising the gut & organs
2) Toxins damage organs & accelerate aging. Certain toxins like Benzene can cause damage to our DNA.
3) Toxins alter genetic expressions of our genes turning on genes in undesirable ways.
4) Toxins cause imbalances in our hormones often mimicking our own hormones interfering with testosterone, progesterone, and thyroid levels.
5) Toxins damage cell membranes inhibiting the natural signalling process affecting things like insulin levels.
6) Toxins deplete minerals and weaken skeletal structure.
7) Toxins poison enzymes undermining many functions in the body such as producing adequate amounts hemoglobin.
8) Lastly, and most problematic of all, toxins impair your ability to detox properly when you need to most. The overabundance of toxins that created the problem are now jamming up the system causing downstream effects keeping your toxic bucket full and now overflowing.
How Do We Fix The Problem?
1) Ensure your drainage pathways (lungs, skin, colon, urinary tract) are supported daily. What does this look like? Answer these questions:
Do you have at least 1-2 bowel movements daily?
Do you sweat regularly?
Is your urine mostly light yellow?
Are you breathing with your belly instead of shallowly from your chest?
If you answered no to any of the above questions it's a sign you need to support the foundations of your health and start with supporting drainage.
2) Be mindful of your environment (air quality, food & water quality, personal care products & cleaning products). Ditch the air fresheners, perfumes, pesticide laden produce, unfiltered water.
3) Support your body by eating nutrient dense real & whole foods (Eat the rainbow everyday and avoid processed foods that contain inflammatory seed oils!)
4) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and make sure to add minerals to each glass. A pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt will do the trick or you can add Quinton minerals (available in my Fullscript dispensary)
5) Move your body and work up a sweat
6) Incorporate saunas, dry brushing, rebounding, deep breathing, coffee enemas, colon hydrotherapy, lymphatic massages, castor oil packs & more.
Stefanie is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, Bioenergetic Practitioner & Holistic Nutritionist who specializes in whole body detoxification, improving digestion, fatigue, autoimmunity, overcoming chronic illness, functional nutrition, Lyme Disease & mold illness and more.
She is available for one-on-one appointments to support you throughout your entire healing journey.
If you are interested in working with Stefanie reach out to learn more about how partnering with me can help you along your healing journey.
Want to learn more about my services and how I can help you? You can browse my website to learn more!
Together we thrive!